Inter-Generational Relations Issues and Accomplishments
- A division of a bank with a large, long-tenured Boomer management and staff demographic having to integrate a large number of people under age 35 when they changed and upgraded their systems. Multi-generational differences, territorial and resistance to change issues.
- Large group of Alumni Affairs managers and staff of a large, premier university needing to deal with multi-generational challenges internally as well as in its relations with alumni.
- Consulting on the generations initiative for faculty and staff recruitment and retention for a large university realizing that somewhat different approaches are needed for each generation to maximize engagement, productivity, retention, succession planning and knowledge transfer.
- Boomer firm leaders needing to gradually transition responsibilities, roles and clients to the next generation (X) and “let go” (in law firms)
- Enhancement and expansion of orientation for entry level employees and lateral entrants to the firm (professional and business services)
- Advance transitioning planning for Boomer partners for their next career/life destinations – workshops and coaching (professional services)
- Advice to management on transitioning of senior professionals for role shifts and exit planning (professional services)
- Advice to Gen X and Boomer managers on dealing with frequent Gen Y questions, need for more structure and detailed guidance (multiple industries)
- How mentors and mentees of different generations can better understand and communicate with each other. (law, accounting)
- Organizing/launching multi-generational mentoring circles (professional and business services)
- How to attract, communicate and work with clients of a different generation (law, accounting, financial services)
- Improving productivity of multi-generational teams – facilitating, coaching (multiple industries)
- Organizing and facilitation of “cross-generational conversation” – live forums, panels, webcasts, workshops and Linkedin group
- Inter-generational issues columnist for legal and accounting profession media
“The Cross-Generational Voice”
Consulting/Coach to the Next Generation