The Rainmaking Machine
The Rainmaking Machine: Marketing, Planning, Strategies, and Management for Law Firms
by Phyllis Weiss Haserot
In today's highly competitive legal market, attracting and retaining profitable clients can depend on how effectively you market your firm. The Rainmaking Machine guides you through the planning, execution and management of marketing plans, strategies and tactics that are certain to maximize your firm's potential.
You'll find step-by-step instructions on marketing your firm's strengths, including no-nonsense advice and the latest techniques. Author Haserot shows how to build satisfying and profitable client relationships and also covers marketing tools ranging from capabilities brochures, newsletters and advertising to personal selling and public relations.
Marketing your firm in its most favorable light often determines whether you are a long-term success. The Rainmaking Machine assures you have the information you need to skillfully handle this often-overlooked component of the legal profession.
We are proud to announce that The Rainmaking Machine (West 2009 edition) has been selected for purchase and reading on the Kindle e-book reader from Amazon.com.
How to Order:
West (Thomson Reuters)
also available on the Kindle e-book reader at Amazon.com
by Phone: (800) 344-5009
$275 - free shipping - softbound book © 2009
Approx. 800 pages
All new 2009 Edition: Containing an extensive chapter on Social Media and Online Social Networking.
Summary of Contents Offers a Wealth of Information
- State of Mind: Developing and Using a Marketing Mindset
- How Clients Select a Firm or an Attorney
- Identity and Market Research
- Organization: Marketing Management
- Internal Communications
- Public Relations I: Media Relations
- Personal Selling: Face-to-Face Opportunities
- Personal Selling Through Speeches and Seminars
- Networks, Business Ventures, and Professional Connections
- Proposals and Presentations
- The Best Client/Counsel Relationship
- Marketing Economics: Budgets and Compensation
- Measuring Effectiveness
- Plans, Strategies, and Their Implementation
- Using Outside Experts
- A Hot Issue: Diversification
- In-house Marketing Executives
- Service Quality: Building Client/Counsel "Partnerships"
- Training Lawyers for Marketing and Client Relations Skills
- Technology for Marketing and Client Relations
- You Get What You Reward: Incentives, Recognition and Compensation for Marketing
- Adding and Positioning Expertise
- Getting Selected: Positioning Your Firm to Win BusinessRetreats and Firm Lawyer Conferences
- Attributes of the Successful Professional Business Developer
- Marketing for Associates
- In-house Counsel Speak Up
- Making the Most of Web Sites
- Collaboration With Marketing to Increase Recruiting and Retention Success
- Strategic Alliances - What, Why, How, and Are They For You?
- Tips on Hiring Marketing Directors
- Industry and Client Task Forces
- The Essence of Branding
- Using Coaching to Boost Business Development Results
- Is This Any Way to Run A Law Firm? 21st Century Leadership
- Diversity in Marketing
- Influence: Working Through Others to Achieve Goals
- Tooting Your Own Horn: The Keys to Internal Marketing
- How We Communicate to Market Now
- Conquering the Obstacles to Better Business Development Results
- Networking and the Continuous Referral Chain