New Business Development Opportunities Coaching & Training
What does it take to be a good coach?
A good coach for business development:
- Knows the questions to ask
- Can quickly analyze a situation
- Has a strong intuitive sense
- Can focus first on the prospective client's needs and agenda
- Is a capable strategist
- Can motivate professionals to develop detailed strategies
- Can help professionals to adopt a disciplined approach to business development and selling
- Persistently stays with the players and on the case
Many successful rainmakers are not good coaches for other people. Generally they know what works for them but can't adapt to a range of selling styles. That's why your professionals need help from a consultant with good coaching skills. As with sports coaches, these skills are developed over many years of exposure to many different players.
In addition to preparation for formal presentations, we provide coaching for less structured situations from “doing lunch” to post-matter meetings. Some of the scenarios we have successfully advised on include:
- “I'm concerned that a long-standing client is giving some work we could do to other firms.”
- “We want to sell a new prospect a product he doesn't know he needs yet.”
- “We've made a lot of contacts and had a lot of lunches, but we aren't seeing real work come from it.”
- We lost out last year with this prospect, but we want to be considered for new opportunities again.”
- “The key contact at a client for whom we worked for several years has moved to another company and is holding a "beauty contest” for us and the company's current outside firms.”
How do we handle it? What's our strategy? Who does what?
We'll help you:
- Develop objectives and winning strategy for each situation
- Structure the meeting for maximum effectiveness
- Become a good questioner and listener
- Emphasize and illustrate key points persuasively
- Close and follow up
Practice Development Counsel also:
- Conducts business development training for partners, managers and staff; and
- Organizes networking events for managers and peers in other types of professional firms.
We'll be pleased to discuss your needs and provide details on our programs.
GET STARTED NOW!
What are you waiting for? Call 212-593-1549 or e-mail Phyllis at email@example.com for a confidential exploratory (mutual) interview for either group or individual coaching.